By Geoff Kimmerly
Second Half editor
The Michigan Interscholastic Volleyball Coaches Association has announced its finalists for this season's Miss Volleyball award, which will be given to a senior during the week of the MHSAA Finals, beginning Nov. 18.
This is the 12th year of the award. Battle Creek St. Philip’s Amanda McKinzie won the honor in 2012.
Find bios of each candidate and more at MIVCA.net.
- Krysteena Davis, 6-foot-0, middle hitter, Grand Haven
- Alyssa Garvelink, 6-3, middle hitter, Holland Christian
- Jami Hogeboom, 5-11, setter, Grand Haven
- Sierra Hubbard-Neil, 5-9, outside hitter, Battle Creek St. Philip
- Jessie Kopmeyer, 5-10, outside hitter, Birmingham Marian
- Maeve McDonald, 5-6, setter, East Grand Rapids
- Paige O’Connor, 5-11, outside hitter, Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern
- Christina Porada, 5-6, libero, Dearborn Divine Child
- Carli Snyder, 6-1, outside hitter, Macomb Dakota
- Holly Toliver, 6-2, outside hitter, Berrien Springs
PHOTO: Macomb Dakota’s Carli Snyder (right) prepares to receive a volley during last season’s Class A Final at Kellogg Arena. She led her team to its first MHSAA championship.