A big month of live streaming video from MHSAA Tournaments gets underway this week, with the return of the PrepZone
on FoxSportsDetroit.com and MHSAA.tv
broadcasts of Finals in two sports, plus its own Football Playoff coverage.
It’s the fourth season for the popular PrepZone on FoxSportsDetroit.com, which will provide free live coverage of four Football Playoff games each week for the first four weekends of the tournament.
Games to be covered Friday are:
- Division 2 – Warren DeLaSalle at Grosse Pointe North
- Division 4 – Grosse Ile at Chelsea
- Division 4 – Kalamazoo United (Hackett, Christian, Heritage Christian) at Eaton Rapids
- Division 6 – Hillsdale at Hanover-Horton
All games will take place Friday at 7 p.m., with short-term archives available on FoxSportsDetroit.com and long-term on-demand viewing on MHSAA.tv.
Boys Soccer coverage on MHSAA.tv begins Wednesday with three live Semifinal games, and wraps up on Saturday with live coverage from Finals sites at Brighton and East Kentwood. Here’s the full schedule (all coverage by subscription):
Semifinals – Wednesday
- Noon – 2 Finals games (Sites and Divisions TBA after Semifinals)
- 3 p.m. – 2 Finals games (Sites and Divisions TBA after Semifinals)
Live streaming of the Lower Peninsula Cross Country Finals takes place Saturday at Michigan International Speedway. Planned coverage on MHSAA.tv includes a leader cam, split cams at one and two miles and a camera at the top of the MIS press center covering the finish of race. Commentary will come from a team of reporters around the course.
Here’s the complete schedule (all coverage by subscription unless noted):
- 9:55 a.m. – On Air – Morning Session
- 10 a.m. – Division 4 Boys
- 10:30 a.m. – Division 3 Boys
- 11 a.m. – Division 4 Girls
- 11:30 a.m. – Division 2 Girls
- 12:15 p.m. – Division 3 & 4 Awards (Free video stream)
- 1:25 p.m. – On Air – Afternoon Session
- 1:30 p.m. – Division 2 Boys
- 2 p.m. – Division 1 Boys
- 2:30 p.m. – Division 2 Girls
- 3 p.m. – Division 1 Girls
- 3:45 p.m. – Division 1 & 2 Awards (Free video stream)
MHSAA.tv also will cover two Football Playoff games live each Saturday the first three weeks of the tournament and 12 Semifinal games on Nov. 22. Here’s this week’s schedule (all coverage by subscription):
Coverage of the Girls Volleyball Tournament begins next week, with two District Semifinal Matches each night for four straight nights. Here’s the complete schedule (all coverage by subscription):
Nov. 3 – Class C at Hanover-Horton
- Concord v. Jackson Lumen Christi, 5:30 p.m.
- Napoleon v. Vandercook Lake, 7 p.m.
Nov. 4 – Class C at Calumet
- Ironwood v. L’Anse, 6 p.m.
- Calumet v. Hancock, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 5 – Class B at Frankenmuth
- Frankenmuth v. Otisville-Lakeville/North Branch winner, 6 p.m.
- Caro v. Flint Northwestern/Mt. Morris winner, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 6 – Class A at Hudsonville
- Jenison v. Grandville/Holland West Ottawa winner, 5 p.m.
- Hudsonville/Holland winner v. Wyoming/Zeeland East winner, 7 p.m.
A Day Pass subscription to MHSAA.tv is $9.95. A Month Pass subscription is $14.95, enabling purchasers to watch all of this week’s action plus three weeks of coverage of the Girls Volleyball Tournament, weekly Football Playoff coverage and the Preliminaries and Finals of the Lower Peninsula Girls Swimming & Diving Tournament. All events become available for free on demand viewing three days after the date of the contest.
Radio: The MHSAA Internet Broadcast Network – MHSAANetwork.com – kicks off its Fall audio coverage with the Boys Soccer Finals on Saturday. During the month of November, the MHSAA Network will also provide live free audio of the 8-Player and 11-Player Football Finals and the Semifinals and Finals of the Girls Volleyball Tournament.
School Broadcast Program: A number of events broadcast last week are available on-demand on MHSAA.tv:
- Bay City Western vs. East Lansing
- Madison Heights Lamphere vs. Ortonville-Brandon
- Kalamazoo Hackett vs. St. Joseph Lake Michigan Catholic
- Marysville vs. Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook-Kingswood
- Spring Lake vs. Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern
- Grand Rapids Covenant Christian vs. Kalamazoo Heritage Christian
- Grand Haven vs. Saline
- Elk Rapids vs. Grant
- Ludington vs. Tawas
- Okemos vs. Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central
- Spring Lake vs. East Lansing
- Montrose vs. Genesee
- Central Montcalm vs. Big Rapids
- Calumet vs. Houghton
- Posen vs. Mio
- Montrose vs. Saginaw Arts & Sciences
- Calumet vs. Lake Linden-Hubbell
- Hillman vs. Hale
- Negaunee vs. Ishpeming Westwood
- Whittemore-Prescott vs. Reese
- Stanton Central Montcalm vs. Lakeview
- Rockford vs. Holland West Ottawa
- Pinconning vs. Midland Bullock Creek
- Comstock Park vs. Sparta
- Posen vs. Owendale-Gagetown
- Watervliet vs. Lawton
- Cedar Springs vs. Ada Forest Hills Eastern
MHSAA Highlights: This week's package includes clips from the Spring Lake/East Lansing soccer and the Midland Bullock Creek/Pinconning and Ishpeming Westwood/Negaunee football games.