By Geoff Kimmerly
Second Half editor
Each weekday of the school year, we break down the top headlines courtesy of Michigan’s sports media.
The Boys Soccer Finals field is set after a night that saw nearly half of the Semifinals go to overtime and the winner of our No. 1 game below advance to the season’s final game for the first time.
1. Boys Soccer: No. 2 Leland will play in its first MHSAA championship game in this sport after defeating No. 3 Kalamazoo Hackett 3-2 in a Division 4 Semifinal – Traverse City Record-Eagle
2. Boys Soccer: Detroit Country Day downed No. 9 Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood 2-1 in overtime to advance in Division 2 – Oakland Press
3. Boys Soccer: Reigning champion (but unranked) Ann Arbor Greenhills will play for the Division 4 title again after a 1-0 win over No. 4 Burton Genesee Christian – WJRT
4. Boys Soccer: No. 10 Ann Arbor Skyline got past Warren DeLaSalle 2-1 in overtime of a Division 1 Semifinal – We Love Ann Arbor
5. Boys Soccer: No. 2 Hudsonville Unity Christian is headed back to the Division 3 Final after a 4-0 win over No. 9 Ludington – Grand Rapids Press
6. Boys Soccer: Top-ranked Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern also won a Division 2 Semifinal in overtime, downing Richland Gull Lake – WZZM
7. Boys Soccer: Top-ranked Grosse Ile will play for the Division 3 title after beating Macomb Lutheran North 2-0 – Southgate News-Herald
8. Boys Soccer: East Kentwood scored the game’s lone goal in the second half of a 1-0 Division 1 Semifinal win over Grand Blanc – Grand Rapids Press
9. Volleyball: No. 7 North Muskegon came back from losing the first set to defeat honorable mention Muskegon Western Michigan Christian 3-1 in a Division 3 District Semifinal – Local Sports Journal
10. Volleyball: Honorable mention Vandercook Lake swept East Jackson in Division 3 to set up a chance to win its first District title since 1983 – Jackson Citizen Patriot