By Geoff Kimmerly
Second Half editor
Each weekday of the school year, we break down the top headlines courtesy of Michigan’s sports media.
An incredible hockey comeback tops Thursday’s list of coverage of top achievers across the state.
1. Hockey: Clarkston scored five unanswered goals to come back from a 4-0 deficit and defeat Farmington United – Oakland Press
2. Boys Basketball: Grosse Ile edged Riverview Gabriel Richard 50-48 in the former’s season opener – Southgate News-Herald
3. Boys Basketball: Essexville Garber edged rival Bay City John Glenn 44-42 – Bay City Times
4. Boys Basketball: Wyoming connected on 13 3-pointers in downing Grandville 78-33 – FOX 17
5. Boys Basketball: Houghton Lake won the first game at Lake City’s new gym, 63-45 – WPBN
6. Boys Basketball: Reigning Class D runner-up Buckley earned its first win, 63-51 over Grand Traverse Academy, with a new coach and all new starting lineup – Cadillac News
7. Boys Basketball: Mancelona improved to 2-0 with a 49-39 win at East Jordan – Traverse City Record-Eagle
8. Boys Basketball: Onekama came on in the second half to down Manistee Catholic Central 42-32 in the opener for both – Manistee News Advocate
9. Boys Basketball: Charlevoix doubled up Cheboygan 56-28 to open the season 1-0 – MI Sports Now
10. Boys Basketball: Boyne City nearly doubled up St. Ignace in moving to 2-0 – Petoskey News-Review
Also of note ...
Girls Golf: We're appreciative to Michigan Golf Journal for highlighting the Girls Golf Finals in its November issue – Michigan Golf Journal