By Geoff Kimmerly
Second Half editor
Each weekday of the school year, we break down the top headlines courtesy of Michigan’s sports media.
Easily the most highlight-loaded evening of the winter season thus far Tuesday saw the end of two impressive winning streaks, a milestone victory and the matchup of two of the best in swimming & diving statewide in local competition.
1. Girls Basketball: Hudson handed Pittsford its first regular-season loss since Jan. 24, 2013, 38-30 – Adrian Daily Telegram
2. Girls Basketball: Ida coach Tim Leonard earned his 500th win with his team’s 70-33 victory over Monroe Jefferson – Monroe Evening News
3. Boys Swimming & Diving: Holland West Ottawa – No. 1 in Lower Peninsula Division 1 – downed LPD3 No. 1 Holland Christian 109-74 – Holland Sentinel
4. Boys Basketball: Roseville handed New Haven its first regular-season loss in two calendar years, 72-66 – Macomb Daily
5. Boys Basketball: Wyoming Godwin Heights bounced back from a close loss to Grand Rapids Christian with a 57-54 win over reigning Class A runner-up Holland West Ottawa – FOX 17
6. Girls Basketball: East Lansing hung on for a 59-55 win over Williamston in a matchup of teams with championship aspirations in Divisions 1 and 2, respectively – Lansing State Journal
7. Girls Basketball: Molly Davis scored 31 points to lead Midland Dow past Freeland 47-39 – Midland Daily News
8. Boys Basketball: Reece Castor scored 35 points including the game-winner against Ishpeming – The Upbeat
9. Girls Basketball: Six underclassmen combined for 37 points as Hartland downed Fenton 61-37 – Livingston Daily Press & Argus
10. Boys Basketball: Kevin Garwo knocked down a 3-pointer in the final seconds to lead Waterford Kettering past Royal Oak 63-60 – Oakland Press