By John Johnson
MHSAA Director of Broadcast Properties
More than 100 games in the District round of the MHSAA Girls Basketball Tournament this week will have live streaming video on the NFHS Network and MHSAA.tv.
The games will be produced by MHSAA members participating in the School Broadcast Program, either with traditional student crews or by Pixellot, the NFHS Network’s automated production solution.
Here’s the complete schedule for the opening night of the tournament, March 2:
- District 1 Non-Traditional Bracket - Petoskey v. Marquette - 6 PM
- District 4 At Grand Blanc - Davison v. Flint Kearsley - 6 PM
- District 5 At Waterford Kettering - Rochester Adams v. Oxford - 5 PM; Romeo v. Clarkston 6:30 PM
- District 6 At Bloomfield Hills - Bloomfield Hills v. West Bloomfield - 5 PM
- District 7 At White Lake Lakeland - Milford v. Walled Lake Western - 7 PM
- District 8 At Holly - Fenton v. Hartland - 6 PM
- District 13 At Stevensville Lakeshore - Kalamazoo Central v. Portage Northern - 5:30 PM; St. Joseph v. Portage Central 7:30 PM
- District 17 At Brighton - Dexter v. Pinckney - 5 PM; South Lyon v. Brighton - 7 PM
- District 26 At Bloomfield Hills Marian - Southfield A&T v. Birmingham Groves 5:30 PM; Birmingham Seaholm v. Bloomfield Hills Marian - 7:15PM
- District 31 At St. Clair Shores Lake Shore – Fraser v. St. Clair Shores Lakeview – 6 PM
- District 32 At Macomb L'Anse Creuse North - New Baltimore Anchor Bay v. Macomb Dakota 6 PM
- District 35 At Cadillac - Cadillac v. Ludington - 6 PM; Manistee v. Big Rapids 8 PM
- District 40 At Chesaning - Corunna v. Chesaning - 6 PM
- District 42 At Fremont - Comstock Park v. Howard City Tri County - 6 PM; Newaygo v. Fremont - 7:30 PM
- District 48 At Plainwell - Plainwell v. Parchment - 5:30 PM; Paw Paw v. Battle Creek Harper Creek - 7:30 PM
- District 69 At Maple City Glen Lake - Elk Rapids v. Maple City Glen Lake 5:30 PM
- District 76 At Grand Rapids NorthPointe Christian - Grand Rapids Covenant Christian v. Pewamo-Westphalia - 5:30 PM
- District 79 At Kalamazoo Christian - Kalamazoo Christian v. Galesburg-Augusta - 5:30 PM; Potterville Kalamazoo Hackett Catholic - 7 PM
- District 94 At Otisville LakeVille - Otisville LakeVille v. Burton Bendle 7 PM
- District 96 At Bad Axe - Cass City v. Harbor Beach - 7 PM
- District 103 At Pellston - Harbor Springs Harbor Light Christian v. Beaver Island 5:30 PM; Burt Lake Northern Michigan Christian v. Mackinaw City - 7 PM
- District 121 At Plymouth Christian - Adrian Lenawee Christian v. Ann Arbor Rudolf Steiner - 5:30 PM; Ann Arbor Central Academy v. Plymouth Christian Academy - 7 PM
- District 124 At Southfield Christian - Livingston Christian v. Bloomfield Hills Roeper - 7 PM
The schedules for the District Semifinals and Finals will be released the day before those rounds. You can always reach a list of the upcoming tournament games by Clicking Here.
The Girls Basketball action is part of a week of more than 200 live events on MHSAA.tv and the NFHS Network. You can Click Here to look at the latest list of all upcoming varsity games.
Now in its 11th year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics. Pixellot – The NFHS Network’s automated streaming solution – is used by schools wishing to live stream games but lacking the ability to staff the events. The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
NFHS Network subscriptions begin at $10.99 a month. Subscribers will have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. All content becomes available for free, on-demand viewing 72 hours after being shown live. School Broadcast Program participants benefit as a portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program.
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA Website.