By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
In its eighth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events, with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – live or delayed – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion.
Here’s this week’s MHSAA.tv schedule of live video streams being produced by SBP members (All times Eastern):
Tuesday, May 2
- JV Softball – Oscoda at Rogers City, 4 p.m.
- JV Softball – Oscoda at Rogers City, 5:30 p.m.
- Girls Lacrosse – DeWitt at East Lansing, 6:30 p.m. (On Demand)
- Girls Soccer – Montrose at Corunna, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, May 3
- Girls Lacrosse – West Bloomfield at Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
Thursday, May 4
- Baseball – Posen at Rogers City, 4 p.m.
- Softball – Posen at Rogers City, 4 p.m.
- Softball – Painesdale-Jeffers at Calumet, 4 p.m.
- JV Baseball – Lincoln Alcona at Rogers City, 4 p.m.
- Girls Soccer – Laingsburg at Montrose, 4:30 p.m.
- Softball – Posen at Rogers City, 5:30 p.m.
- JV Baseball – Lincoln Alcona at Rogers City, 5:30 p.m.
- Baseball – Posen at Rogers City, 5:30 p.m.
- Softball – Painesdale-Jeffers at Calumet, 6 p.m.
Friday, May 5
Monday, May 8
- Baseball – Corunna at Montrose, 4 p.m.
Tuesday, May 9
- Baseball - Wakefield-Marenisco at Calumet, 4 p.m.
- Softball – Oxford at Lake Orion, 4:30 p.m.
- Baseball - Wakefield-Marenisco at Calumet, 6 p.m.
- Girls Soccer – Grand Ledge at East Lansing, 7 p.m. (On Demand)
Be sure to check the Upcoming Events page at MHSAA.tv for schedule additions every day.
The NFHS Network has announced new pricing for 2016-17, eliminating the Day Pass and lowering the cost of a Month Pass to $9.95. Subscribers will have access to all live video and streaming statistics across the country. All content becomes available for free, on-demand viewing 72 hours after being shown live. A portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program.
A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.
A weekly staple on the MHSAA.tv website and the MHSAASports Channel on YouTube is back for the spring season with highlights of selected games last week produced by members of the Association’s School Broadcast Program.
This week’s highlights package consists of clips of a baseball game between Millington at Montrose, a softball game pitting Troy Athens at Lake Orion and a boys lacrosse game featuring Holt at East Lansing.
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.