This week we introduce Portland St. Patrick junior Elle Lehman, who not only assisted with the MHSAA's Class D trophy presentation Saturday -- but also played against eventual champion Waterford Our Lady in Thursday's Semifinal at the Breslin Center.
Elle Lehman, Portland St. Patrick junior
- Sports: Basketball and softball
- Non-sports activities: Student council, National Honors Society
- Favorite classes: World Literature. You have a chance to express your voice in different, creative ways.
- Must-see TV: "Family Guy” or “That 70s Show”
- One shining moment: My favorite high school sports highlight would have been in the 1999 Class D girls basketball state championship when there was a few seconds left and St. Pat threw the ball in and it bounced off of someone’s foot, and then we scored!!
- What’s next: I am not sure what school, but I would like to study pre-medicine and play softball in college – then eventually possibly become an orthopedic surgeon.
- My favorite part of game day is: ... hearing our fans cheer! I love the atmosphere when you are down on the court and everyone around you is yelling and cheering.
(Photo courtesy of Hockey Weekly Action Photos.)