By Geoff Kimmerly
Second Half editor
Girls soccer, baseball and softball games featuring a combined 21 teams from 16 schools were among student broadcasts uploaded last week to MHSAA.tv.
Also, a pair of MHSAA Classics have been brought out of the vault, including a championship story told by one of the most recognizable voices in Michigan sports history.
Longtime Detroit Tigers broadcaster Paul Carey called the 1992 MHSAA Class D Baseball Final, an 8-7 win by Hillman over Athens that was decided in the bottom of the seventh inning. Also added this week was the 1992 Class B Softball Final between Hudsonville Unity Christian and Monroe St. Mary Catholic Central, another nail-biter, won by Unity Christian 7-6. The Hillman/Athens game is posted below, while the Unity Christian/St. Mary game can be found on MHSAA.tv.
Both can be watched by clicking the video boxes under last week's list of MHSAA.tv broadcasts below:
- Plainwell vs. Comstock soccer
- Houghton Lake vs. Cheboygan soccer
- Plainwell vs. Jenison soccer
- Ludington vs. Tawas soccer
- Ludington vs. Bay City John Glenn soccer
- Ludington vs. Gaylord soccer
- Newberry vs. Rogers City baseball
- Ludington vs. Fruitport baseball
- Indian River Indian Lakes vs. Central Lake baseball
- Sault Ste. Marie vs. Petoskey softball
- Newberry vs. Rogers City softball
- Ludington vs. Manistee Catholic Central softball