By John Johnson
MHSAA Communications Director
High school sports fans can stream MHSAA Championships over the next five weekends on MHSAA.tv for just $9.95, starting with this week’s Team Dual Wrestling Finals in Mt. Pleasant.
A $9.95 subscription on the NFHS Network is good for 30 days of viewing live coverage of MHSAA.tv and a variety of high school championships across the country. All events are available for free, on-demand viewing three days after they have been played.
The Team Dual Wrestling Finals take place Friday and Saturday (Feb. 24-25) at McGuirk Arena in Mt. Pleasant on the campus of Central Michigan University. Here’s the complete schedule:
Friday – Feb. 24 – Team Wrestling Quarterfinals
Division 4 @ Noon
Division 1 @ 2:15 p.m.
Division 3 @ 4:30 p.m.
Division 2 @ 6:45 p.m.
Saturday – Feb. 25 – Team Wrestling Semifinals & Finals
Division 4 Semifinals @ 9 a.m.
Division 1 Semifinals @ 9 a.m.
Division 3 Semifinals @ 11:30 a.m.
Division 2 Semifinals @ 11:30 a.m.
Saturday Finals – Session 1 - 3:30 p.m.
Saturday Finals – Session 2 - 6 p.m.
Here’s the week-by-week NFHS Network coverage schedule of MHSAA winter Championships:
- Feb. 24-25 – Team Dual Wrestling Quarterfinals-Semifinals-Finals
- March 2-4 – Individual Wrestling Finals
- March 3-4 – Girls Competitive Cheer Finals
- March 9-11 – Ice Hockey Semifinals-Finals
- March 11 – Lower Peninsula Boys Swimming & Diving Finals
- March 14 – Girls Basketball Quarterfinals
- March 16-17 – Girls Basketball Semifinals
- March 21 – Boys Basketball Quarterfinals
- March 23-24 – Boys Basketball Semifinals
In addition to all of the tournament action, regular-season coverage of contests by participants in the MHSAA’s School Broadcast Program will bring more than 30 contests into homes over the coming week.
Here’s this week’s MHSAA.tv schedule of live video streams available and being produced by SBP members (all times Eastern Standard):
Tuesday, Feb. 21
Thursday, Feb. 23
Friday, Feb. 24
- Freshman Boys Basketball – Caro at Otisville-LakeVille, 3:55 p.m.
- JV Boys Basketball – Caro at Otisville-LakeVille, 5:15 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Okemos at East Lansing, 6 p.m. (On Demand)
- Boys Basketball – Caro at Otisville-LakeVille, 6:45 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – South Haven at Plainwell, 7 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Birmingham Groves at Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Traverse City West at Alpena, 7 p.m.
- Ice Hockey – Trenton at Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood, 7:15 p.m.
- Boys Basketball – Manton at Beal City, 7:30 p.m.
- Girls Basketball – Okemos at East Lansing, 7:45 p.m. (On Demand)
Monday, Feb. 27
Tuesday, Feb. 28
Be sure to check the Upcoming Events page at MHSAA.tv for schedule additions every day.
In its eighth year, the School Broadcast Program gives members an opportunity to showcase excellence in their schools by creating video programming of athletic and non-athletic events, with students gaining skills in announcing, camera operation, directing/producing and graphics.
The program also gives schools the opportunity to raise money through advertising and viewing subscriptions.
All sporting events – Live or On-Demand – are available on a subscription basis only for their first 72 hours online. They become available for free, on-demand viewing approximately 72 hours following their completion. A portion of every subscription sold by a school goes to benefit its program. A complete list of participating schools can be found on the School Broadcast Program page of the MHSAA website.
Fans also can access scores of games in-progress on the NFHS Network website via ScoreStream. Click on the Scores button in the upper right corner.
A weekly staple on the MHSAA.tv website and the MHSAASports Channel on YouTube is back for another year with highlights of selected games last week produced by members of the Association’s School Broadcast Program.
This week’s highlights package includes action from the Upper Peninsula Swimming & Diving Finals, an ice hockey game with Hartland at Detroit Catholic Central and an overtime boys basketball game pitting Marquette at Negaunee.
Schools interested in becoming a part of the School Broadcast Program should contact John Johnson at the MHSAA Office.