By Geoff Kimmerly
Second Half editor
The snow and ice did its best to shut out another night of high school sports across Michigan, but a number of teams pushed through led by some major headliners in boys basketball.
1. Boys Basketball: Muskegon avenged last month’s overtime loss to Muskegon Reeths-Puffer by taking the rematch 63-28 – Local Sports Journal
2. Boys Basketball: Detroit Renaissance earned a spot in the Detroit Public School League championship game with a 55-46 win over Martin Luther King; Cass Tech also advanced with a 70-52 win over Pershing – Detroit News
3. Boys Basketball: Detroit U-D Jesuit pushed past Orchard Lake St. Mary’s 46-38 in the Catholic League A-B semifinals – State Champs!
4. Boys Basketball: Royal Oak Shrine downed Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood 62-48 to reach the Catholic League Class C-D championship game – Oakland Press
5. Girls Basketball: Fruitport Calvary Christian held Fruitport to four fourth-quarter points in securing a 32-31 victory – Grand Haven Tribune
6. Girls Basketball: Hamilton moved to 15-0 with a 58-39 win over Zeeland East – Holland Sentinel
7. Boys Basketball: Flat Rock held on to the top spot in the Huron League with a 56-54 win over New Boston Huron – Southgate News-Herald
8. Boys Basketball: Boyne City avenged a January loss to East Jordan with a 65-44 win – Petoskey News-Review
9. Boys Basketball: Fremont ran its winning streak to 13 with a 78-52 win over Newaygo – Local Sports Journal
10. Boys Basketball: Bessemer ended a two-game losing streak and moved to 10-3 with a 44-43 win over Ewen-Trout Creek – The Upbeat
Also of note …
Girls Basketball: From Feb. 5, Wyoming Godwin Heights’ Raviear Koppenhofer went over 1,000 career points against Hopkins – Grand Rapids Press
Girls Basketball: From Monday, Detroit Mumford and Martin Luther King earned spots in the PSL championship game, Mumford downing Renaissance and King defeating East English – State Champs!